Get your application here. Next deadline October 4.
IGASS offers three types of fellowships – Short-term, middle-term and long-term:
- Short-term. The duration of short-term is a maximum of 4 weeks – (sponsored by Medtronic).
- Middle-term. The duration of a middle-term fellowship is a maximum of 6 months – (own sponsorship or by a third party).
- Long-term. The duration of a long-term fellowship is a maximum of 12 months – (own sponsorship or by a third party).
Application deadlines twice a year. Next deadline for application:
October 4th, 2019.
20 IGASS short-term fellowship programs are made possible
thanks to the contribution of Medtronic.
IGASS fellowships are currently offered in Spine Centers in Denmark, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Turkey and United Kingdom etc. (please visit the Fellowship Directory)
– sponsored program at a single Spine Center
– sponsored program including different Spine Centers (max. 2)
IGASS fellowship regulations
Application must be sent:
– at least 1 month prior to the requested period of the fellowship (Short term Fellowship)
– at least 3 months prior to the requested period of the fellowship (Middle term Fellowship)
– at least 6 months prior to the requested period of the fellowship (Long term Fellowship)
The IGASS Fellowship Committee does evaluate applications once per year, end of Janurary/early February. Applicants will be contacted subsequently.
A fellow upon application must be a graduate of a spine program or be in an orthopaedic or neurosurgery residency.
The candidate can express his preference for the clinic in his application. However, the final decision will be taken by the responsible committee member and the coordinator of IGASS, based on the application and availability of places.
All fellowship programs are coordinated by the board of IGASS and the IGASS Coordinator.
If you wish to visit one of our centers and hosts, apart from the annual IGASS Fellowship selection for a duration of 2 or 4 weeks, please provide us your CV and application form. IGASS is more than happy to assist you in organizing and hosting your stay. An administrative fee of USD 1000,- will be charged by IGASS.
Applications should be submitted to:
All applications have to be submitted electronically to: